Back to Attorneys
Chad is a transactional attorney who has experience representing a wide variety of companies, including family held businesses, private equity owned enterprises, and Fortune 500 companies. The focus of Chad’s practice has been the representation of both buyers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions.
Chad has also advised early-stage and growth-stage companies in connection with equity and debt offerings, issuances of equity incentive awards to employees, employment arrangements with executives, and has counseled such companies on general corporate governance matters.
In addition to his mergers and acquisitions and general corporate practice, Chad has counseled clients on numerous commercial matters, including the preparation and negotiation of software license agreements for both licensors and licensees, international manufacturing agreements (with a particular emphasis on inbound procurement from China), non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, and consulting agreements. Clients to whom Chad has provided advice in the commercial space include consumer product manufacturers, engineering firms, auto parts distributors, and companies in the food and beverage industry.
Some representative transactions in which Chad has played a significant role during his career include:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented skilled nursing facilities in a series of transactions totaling $70mm in which the facilities were acquired by a strategic buyer
- Counsel to architectural glass manufacturer in its $40 million sale to a private equity backed acquirer that included partial equity rollover
- Representation of distributor of convenience store products in $50mm sale to nationally based purchaser
- Representation of chemical solutions company in $12mm sale to Canadian acquirer
- Represented global construction company in $3mm sale of its offshore business unit to strategic buyer
- Advised book distributor in acquisition of Canadian competitor
- Counsel to developer of logistics software in $15mm sale to private-equity acquirer
Venture Capital Transactions
- Represented robotics company in $8mm Series A Preferred Stock financing
- Counsel to telemedicine company in $3mm Series Seed Preferred Stock financing and $500,000 convertible debt financing
- Advised social graphing technology company in connection with $2mm convertible debt offering
- Counsel to investor in $500,000 investment in craft cocktail company
- Represented artificial intelligence software company in $500,000 bridge financing
• J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, cum laude, research editor for the University of Pittsburgh Law Review
• A.B., University of Georgia, cum laude, Broadcast Journalism
Bar Admission: Pennsylvania
- Spanish (elementary proficiency)